The CINE-ZOOM 17-120mm T2.95 lens provides cinematographers and broadcast operations with a compact, lightweight design (only 2.9 kg) using Canon optical elements, while offering outstanding performance and reliability in professional shooting environments.
The new lens is fully 4K-ready, with a high optical resolution and support for Super35mm large-format cameras. An 11-blade aperture diaphragm helps ensure an artistic and beautiful representation of out-of-focus areas (or “Bokeh”).
The lens also features a high 7x zoom magnification, wide focal length range of 17mm to 120mm with T2.95 at 17-91mm, T3.9 at 120mm, and a 180º smooth rotating focus ring. Acknowledging that broadcasters often need to control zoom, focus and iris/aperture in different ways than filmmakers, Canon has developed this zoom lens with full external servo control for drama, documentary and other broadcast productions.
The lens also features a new design with imperial and metric markings on the lens ring with scale marks on two side and a flexible focus ring supporting both 0.8 and 0.5 gear pitch.
The servo drive unit is compatible with industry-standard protocols for control from a number of lens controllers including Canon’s standard broadcast lens controllers (ZSD-300D/FPD-400D) and multiple industry standard cinema lens controllers. The drive unit can be easily removed for cinema-style shoots and can be easily re-attached without any manual re-alignment. A 16-bit metadata output enables connection to virtual studio systems.
The servo drive unit is optimised with high-speed zoom, iris and focusing to allow operators to respond rapidly during fast-paced scenes whilst also offering unrivalled control over slow zooming.
Also available in EF mount, the lens can be converted at an authorized Canon service facility.
- High optical performance for single-chip large-format cameras (4K resolution)
- 7x zoom with hugely versatile 17-120mm focal range
- Designed for hand-held broadcast use
- Removable drive unit supports cinema applications
- Lens-camera communication function
- Durable and rugged design
- Suited to shoulder and tripod-mounted use
- Easy control of zoom, focus and iris
- 16-bit encoder output
- Maximum T-number of T2.95
- Robustly designed for reliability
- Compatible with a wide range of accessories
- Available in PL and EF (Interchangeable via Service)