The Chimera Medium Shallow Video Pro Plus Softbox is designed for use with a broad light with a wide throw, such as a Tota light. With fabric rated for the heat of a continuous light up to 1200 Watts, the Medium Shallow Plus for Video applications is ideal for work in cramped interiors where medium softening of a broad light is desired.
The "Plus" designation of this softbox means the front face of the softbox is removable. Chimera makes different strengths of diffusion material for front face applications.
This softbox has a built in "lip" around the edges to help control light spill. This lip also facilitates the attachment of optional honeycomb grids, fabric grids, and louvers.
This softbox is only for lights with a very wide throw. The shallow depth of this softbox will not allow the light from a spotlight to spread out adaquately within the box. Exposure then would not be as even across the entire front face of the softbox.
- Recessed front helps to control light spill and facilitates the attachment of an optional grid or louvers.
- Equates to more headroom if the box is used overhead, or easier manuvering in cramped interior shoots.
- This softbox comes with a 1 stop diffuser, a 1/2 and 1/4 grid cloth. This provides many options of light transmission and level of softness.
- Silver interior provides more "punch"
- Required Speed (mounting) Rings are available separately for many manufacturers' lights.