Get closer to the action with the enhanced Standard HDTV lens
The HJ18ex7.6B IRSE S/IASE S is a compact, Standard HDTV lens that gets you closer to the action with an 18x zoom and 7.6-137mm focal length. Its impressive optical performance makes it ideal for ENG applications.
- High peripheral resolution and uniform brightness ensure outstanding images
- Versatile 18x zoom lens with 7.6 - 137mm focal length and 56cm MOD
- Built-in 2x extender gets you even closer
- Compact and lightweight for comfortable use in any location
- Rapid start-up, with lens, chromatic and camera aberration functions supported
- New digital drive unit: precise, repeatable operation
- Enhanced virtual studio integration, with 16-bit encoder output
- Familiar, intuitive physical design and menu structure make operation effortless
- Crossover technology option – switchable between 16:9 and 4:3
- New System mode supports lens adjustment between projects
Highest Magnification and Longest Focal Length in its Class
With 18x zoom, the HJ18ex7.6B lens has the highest magnification in its class, and its 137mm tele focal length is also the longest in its class – thus enhancing the camera operator's possibility to express images. Combining optical design technology and cutting-edge optical simulation technology accumulated by Canon over several decades, this lens maintains excellent camera balance in terms of overall length and weight while also delivering expanded specifications.
The Shortest Minimum Object Distance (MOD) in its Class
The MOD of 0.56m is the shortest in its class. This, combined with the widest angle setting of 7.6mm, allows a wide variety of scenes to be captured. This increased mobility and flexibilityfor camera operators and crews allows shooting under almost any conditions, including in tight spaces.
State-of-the-Art Canon Optical Technology for Advanced Optical Performance
As part of the HDxs series, the HJ18ex7.6B inherits the optical performance refined by Canon over decades, and as a next-generation standard lens, incorporates even more advanced optical simulation technology, newly developed optical materials, and the latest optical processing technology. It delivers advanced optical performance from the widest angle to the telephoto, allowing camera operators to capture amazing images.